⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Cell bounds associated with coordinate variable rather than data variable

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:26:57 +0000

Dear Thomas

I'm not saying the coordinate *must* be the mid-point. If there's a good reason
for it being something else, then you could choose it to be so. I was
suggesting that we could recommend it should be the mid-point if there is
no strong basis for making another choice. We could also say that it must not
be outside the bounds.

You are right, it cannot be missing data. That would break some applications,
anyway.

Cheers

Jonathan