⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] [CF-NetCDF-1.0.swg] Fwd: CF point observationConventions ready for review

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:13:00 -0700

Hi Chris:

Im not positive I understand the question but Ill try to answer anyway:

Profiles are allowed to specify time along the vertical dimension. They
must have a single lat/lon coordinate associated with the entire
profile, but this could be a nominal value for the purpose of searching,
and theres no problem adding lat/lon coordinates at each vertical point,
which specialized software knows about.
If the horiz drift is truly significant, probably best to make it into a
trajectory. The categories are a bit blurry, as you see.

Regards,
John