⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Conventions (vs. Community Profiles), and CF-checker

From: Russ Rew <russ>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:39:47 -0600

> Russ Rew wrote:
> > Another possibility to consider is the notation
> >
> > :Conventions = "A/B" ;
> >
> Aha, and thanks - I thought the recommended separator was a
> comma - my mistake.

The separator "/" is only recommended when convention B is an extension
of convention A. If A and B are independent extensions, the documented
recommendation in the User's Guide was use of a space or comma
separator, but I agree with Jonathan that it would be better to use only
a space separator to be consistent with other lists in attributes.

--Russ

Russ Rew UCAR Unidata Program
russ at unidata.ucar.edu http://www.unidata.ucar.edu