⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Representing Matlab time in a CF-Metadata compliant file

From: Bert Jagers <bert.jagers>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:43:44 +0200

Hi Mike,

If you go that way, you may have to use -0002-12-30 as reference date
because year 0 is a leap year in matlab whereas I assume that year -1 in
UDUnits isn't.
Furthermore, although it looks like a generic solution it wouldn't allow
you to map matlab years before 0 to netcdf files.
Hence, I would recommend using some reference date closer to today, e.g.
store date-693962 as "days since 1900-01-01".

Best regards,

Bert
--------