⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Representing Matlab time in a CF-Metadata compliant file

From: Godin, Michael <godin>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:31:04 -0700

I'd like to convert some files from Matlab to NetCDF formats with as little modification of the data as possible.

I am running into some ambiguity with dates formatted according to the Matlab convention where 1.0 == Jan 1, 0000. Since Matlab assumes a year "0", and UDUnits does not, should the time units for Matlab dates be "days since -0002-12-31"? While it seems correct, I haven't seen anyone else use such units.

Thanks, Mike

Michael A. Godin
Software Engineer
Phone: 831-775-2063 http://www.mbari.org