⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names for Ocean Dynamics

From: Brown, Jennifer <jebro>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:56:51 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

I have sorted out the cell methods for daily mean and depth average velocities. The "total" in total_eastward_sea_water_velocity was to indicate barotropic and baroclinic velocities, but it has been suggested that the standard name eastward_sea_water_velocity covers this. We have a barotropic and baroclinic tide-surge model and I am out putting the resultant velocities.

sea_floor_depth_below_mean_tidal_level - Our model bathymetry has been created using a year of tides to generate the mean tidal level. The person who generated the bathymetry feels mean sea level is a hypothetical level. We have had some discussions and have decided that using the standard name sea_floor_depth_below_mean_sea_level will be adequate though.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions,
Jenny