⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name request for pH

From: Lowry, Roy K <rkl>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:17:56 +0100

Dear All,

I'm getting the distinct feeling that we're heading for impasse here. I think it's to admit that despite our best efforts getting all the necessary information into the term, rather than an accompanying definition, isn't possible in this case. This leaves us with John's initial suggestion of four Standard Names for the different scales, plus Jonathan's term for cases where the data creators don't know (or care about) the scale used.

How about we go with all five, capturing their meanings/chemistries in the definition?

I for one have learned a lot during this thread.

Cheers, Roy.