⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] position of 'expressed as' in chemical constituents

From: Pamment, JA <alison.pamment>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:49:30 +0100

Dear Jonathan and Christiane,

I agree that a consistent placing of 'expressed_as' would be an
improvement. Hence, the following aliases will be created in the
standard name table:

mole_concentration_of_diatoms_in_sea_water_expressed_as_nitrogen becomes
mole_concentration_of_diatoms_expressed_as_nitrogen_in_sea_water

mole_concentration_of_mesozooplankton_in_sea_water_expressed_as_nitrogen
becomes
mole_concentration_of_mesozooplankton_expressed_as_nitrogen_in_sea_water

mole_concentration_of_microzooplankton_in_sea_water_expressed_as_nitroge
n becomes
mole_concentration_of_microzooplankton_expressed_as_nitrogen_in_sea_wate

mole_concentration_of_organic_detritus_in_sea_water_expressed_as_nitroge
n becomes
mole_concentration_of_organic_detritus_expressed_as_nitrogen_in_sea_wate

mole_concentration_of_organic_detritus_in_sea_water_expressed_as_silicon
becomes
mole_concentration_of_organic_detritus_expressed_as_silicon_in_sea_water

mole_concentration_of_phytoplankton_in_sea_water_expressed_as_nitrogen
becomes
mole_concentration_of_phytoplankton_expressed_as_nitrogen_in_sea_water

This positioning of 'expressed_as' immediately following the species to
which it applies has also been agreed in the ECHAM5-hammoz and 'CF
standard names for chemical constituents and aerosols' threads.

Best wishes,
Alison

> Dear Christiane
>
> > it seemed to me that it would be more logical to attach the
> > 'expressed_as' to the quality it refers to, e.g.

tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_nox_expressed_as_nitrogen_due_to