⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for variables?in?'raw?engineering' units

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:19:42 -0700

John,

Can you remind me what you have proposed in place of
ctd_fluorometer_voltage for the example under discussion? Would
"fluorometer_reading" be an appropriate standard name, and you could
attach a units attribute indicating the measurement is in volts. (The
thing being measured is clearly *not* temperature, even though you might
be able to estimate the temperature based on the measurement, so I see
no reason to include temperature in the standard_name.)

Karl