⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for variables in?'raw?engineering' units

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:23:22 +0000

Dear all

I think we should consider some particular use-cases and try to be as much like
standard names for geophysical parameters as we can in our treatment of these
unprocessedd quantities. I would suggest not deciding in advance that we have
to treat them in different ways, because it's best to minimise the complexity
of the convention. It's often tempting to regard something as a new case and
invent new conventions for it, but it may be easier in the end to find a way to
express it using structures we already have.