⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names for aerosols and chemistry - relaunch?

From: Christiane Textor <christiane.textor>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:59:05 +0100

Dear Alison, and colleagues interested in CF standard names for aerosols
and chemistry,

Recently I have received several requests on the status of the CF names
for aerosol and chemistry to be used in the model intercomparisons of
HTAP, AC&C and eventually IPCC.

I afraid the discussed faded away at some point last year. It would be
very helpful if you could summarize the state of the discussion, this
would probably help to relaunch the discussion.

I like to draw your attention to the wiki page at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF_Standard_Names_-_Construction_of_Atmospheric_Chemistry_and_Aerosol_Terms
that provides some systematics for the construction of these names.
Under the thread "a different (but perhaps unoriginal) approach to
standard name construction" Karl Taylor has suggested a new approach to
the general construction of names. I do not know, how this has
continued, but it seems to me that we really need a more systematic
approach... that is not too work-intensive.

Many thanks in advance,

Christiane

Christiane Textor
Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
LSCE/IPSL laboratoire CEA/CNRS/UVSQ
Saclay, Orme des Merisiers,
Bat. 701, Piece 3b, Point Courrier 129
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
FRANCE
mailto: christiane.textor at lsce.ipsl.fr
Tel ++33 1 69 08 34 07 Fax ++33 1 69 08 77 16
GEOmon scientific coordinator http://www.geomon.eu