⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] how to use time zones?

From: Wright, Bruce <bruce.wright>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:04:01 -0000

Hi Nan,

I don't know how CF handles time zones, but I thought it might be worth pointing out that the Wikipedia page on ISO 8601 is quite useful. The relevant section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Time_zone_designators offers the following ways of representing times in zones other than UTC:
   <time>Z
   <time>?hh:mm or <time>?hhmm
   <time>?hh
With + being ahead (i.e. East) of UTC, which is consistent with your example below.

Best regards,
Bruce
--
Bruce Wright Senior IT Architect
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom