⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new named fields for ocean (algorithms)

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:53:30 -0500

> My desire is to have the CMIP5 participants archive their equation of
> state and seawater freezing equation. Do you think we need to make
> these Fortran codes into a CF standard name? Perhaps we can just
> consider this issues as part of the CMIP5 request outside of CF.

Just another suggestion on this part of the thread; we store algorithms
as attributes, which has much less overhead than creating variables.
They can be globals or attributes of the variables to which they're
applied.

There's nothing to prevent the development and use of a set of
standard terms to identify common algorithms - but as far as I know
this list doesn't exist - yet.

Cheers - Nan

* Nan Galbraith                        (508) 289-2444 *
* Upper Ocean Processes Group            Mail Stop 29 *
* Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution                *
* Woods Hole, MA 02543                                *