⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New area_type table and new links from standard name?table

From: John Graybeal <graybeal>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:04:55 -0800

I didn't see anything in the area_types discussion originally about
this kind of 'domain-specific' content, which I was thinking about in
the marine context.

In marine domains anyway, there are maybe 6 common classification
schemes for habitat (many more uncommon ones). Note I do not mean
individual terms; I mean schemes. In agriculture I can't help but
think there are many more.

Is this a slippery slope?

On Dec 10, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Jonathan Gregory wrote:

> Dear Seth
>
>> grassland
> Perhaps we could call this "grass" because I anticipate we will need
> area_types
> for c3_grass and c4_grass (not been requested yet).
>
>> agricultural / farmland
> Would it be correct to describe this as "crops"? I suppose that
> pasture is
> actually grassland.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jonathan