⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New area_type table and new links from standard name table

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:23:36 -0700

Hello Alison,

A few weeks ago I had a question about representing land cover and Jonathan indicated that we should suggest new area-types on the mailing list.

The CRCM regional model uses "coniferous, deciduous, culture, herbs, and urban" cover types, plus bare soil. So I would suggest we add area-types for:

grassland
broadleaf trees (deciduous forest)
needleleaf trees (taiga / coniferous forest)
urban
agricultural / farmland

I'm not clear whether "bare soil" is the same as "bare ground" or whether it should have a separate area-type added as well. I don't know a lot about the details of this model (we're still waiting to hear from an expert), but I figured we could get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

--Seth McGinnis

----
Seth McGinnis