⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] mixing ratio

From: John Graybeal <graybeal>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:16:33 -0800

This seems a little artificially constrained -- make the change for a
day, then change it back, and presto, now the alias is recording a
previous version of a standard name.

But I guess that doesn't address your main point, which is that
aliases aren't intended to serve as synonyms/navigational aids. Not
knowing the history, I wonder: Is that conclusion open to discussion?
Seems like a useful capability.

john

John Graybeal <mailto:graybeal at mbari.org> -- 831-775-1956
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org