⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] medium 'atmosphere'

From: Christiane.Textor at lsce.ipsl.fr <Christiane.Textor>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:13:22 +0100 (CET)

Dear Jonathan,

Why do you not think that there is a problem if 'atmosphere' is stated to
be synonymous to _in_air, if this is simply wrong?

And the position of _atmosphere or _in_atmopshere should be consistent to
allow for automatic generation of standard names as discussed for
aerosols and chemistry, and to avoid the each time the discussion starts
again.

I do not understand the reason for having
atmosphere_mass_content_of_<X>
moles_of_<G>_in_atmosphere

and if there is no reason, why create confusion?

Best regards,

Christiane

Jonathan Gregory schrieb:
> Dear Christiane
>
>> The Guidelines for Construction of CF Standard Names
>> http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/guidelines state
for 'atmosphere' under 'Special Phrases':