⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Modification of some existing CF standard names for chemical constituents

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 16:54:24 +0000

Dear Philip

I think that carbon dioxide should be treated like any other chemical species.
This name has probably been in the table for longer, and we can change it to
conform. My question is more about the appropriate "due to". This is a net
surface flux, so it's not due to emission alone. I am wondering whether it is
more obvious to describe a (net) surface flux as a surface flux, or as a
tendency of atmos content. What would you usually say? The nomenclature
in terms of tendency of content was adopted in order to deal with emissions
both from the surface and within the volume of the atmos at once, if I
remember correctly.