⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for chemistry - MCM

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:47:23 +0100

Dear Philip

> Another option is for CF to allow all possible units for each specie:
> But this may lead to undesirable proliferation of names.
On the whole, it seems better to support various possibilities if people want
to use them. It is not really the role of CF to advocate the use of certain
quantities rather than others; in order to encourage many users to adopt CF
and to promote interoperability, we generally support many options but try to
ensure they are all clearly defined. Hence both
> moles_of_X
> mass_of_X
are possible. By
> carbons_of_X
do you mean the idea we have written as expressed_as_X e.g. nitrogen or
carbon in some standard names?

Cheers

Jonathan