⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ocean sigma coordinate

From: Rich Signell <rsignell>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:26:14 -0400

Stephane,

One additional thing I should have mentioned. My Suggestion #2:

".. just add a new CF-compliant sigma variable to your NetCDF
file. Then add the "standard_name = ocean_sigma_coordinate" to this
new variable (and assign it values that are one less than in your old
variable)."

could be implemented in NcML.

You could create NcML to either create a new sigma variable that
contains the values that CF expects, or just replace the values of
your existing sigma variable. You then add this NcML description of
your new "virtual dataset" to your THREDDS Data Server catalog, and
you can then serve CF-compliant data via OpenDAP without rewriting
your NetCDF output files.

-Rich