⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] atmosphere_optical_thickness at 550 nm

From: Christiane Textor <christiane.textor>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:27:59 +0200

Dear Jonathan and Heinke,

In our initial 2006 discussions when the aerosol optical thickness was
defined, the use of scalar coordinate variables for the wavelength had
been suggested, as Jonathan did in his last email. Maybe this
information should be added to the explanations to the variable in the
standard names' list.

Cheers,
Christiane

Jonathan Gregory schrieb:
> Dear Heinke
>
>> atmosphere_optical_thickness_due_to_black_carbon_ambient_aerosol
>>
>> This is one parameter in the Hammoz model but at 550 nm. Where is the
>> right place
>> for 550 nm?
>
> I would suggest a scalar coordinate variable of radiation_wavelength.
>
> Cheers

Christiane Textor
Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
LSCE/IPSL, CEA Saclay, Orme des Merisiers,
Bat. 701, Piece 3b, Point Courrier 129
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
FRANCE
mailto: christiane.textor at lsce.ipsl.fr
Tel ++33 1 69 08 34 07 Fax ++33 1 69 08 77 16
GEOmon scientific coordinator http://www.geomon.eu