⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] attributes for min/max data valuesfor visualization

From: Jon Blower <jdb>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:48:41 +0100

Dear Nan,

(Wow, I actually typed your name as "NaN" to start with, just shows
how I get buried in code! ;-)

Thanks for this. Yes, you're right, we would need to be careful with
data subsets, either recalculating or omitting these values. As for
"actual_valid_min/max", I see what you are saying but I actually find
that nomenclature more confusing (it seems to imply that the other
valid_min/max is somehow fictitious). Others might disagree.

Anyway, I have posted a Trac ticket on this matter
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/31, which I guess is where future
discussion will happen.

Cheers, Jon