⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Adding new standard names for satellite altimetry

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:17:14 +0100

Dear Olivier

> >>surface_backwards_scattering_coefficient_of_radar_wave

That would be even better, I think, if it is OK for you.

> > mean_sea_surface_height_above_reference_ellipsoid (m)
> > mean_sea_surface_height_above_geoid (m)

> >>Yes, sorry my answer was ambiguous: actually the dataset includes mean sea surface and mean dynamic topography ...
> In the file data represent the point values of the geophysical field, positions are defined at grid points and not grid cells. I am not sure if this is really correct to use cell_methods=mean in such case?

Do you mean that it is a time-mean (e.g. 7 years) but not a spatial mean,
because it is defined at points? That is fine; cell_methods can distinguish
these thus: cell_methods="lat: point lon: point time: mean" (if lat, lon and
time are your coord vars).