⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard names for ECHAM5/CLM/ERA

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:58:55 +0000

Dear John

Yes, I think we call it sea_water_temperature (like air_temperature) to
emphasise it is the local property of the medium, not a large-scale property.
I would be unsure about a term such as "sea temperature" or "atmosphere
temperature" in case it was supposed to mean some kind of representative
large-scale quantity.

This is a bit off Heinke's topic - my fault.

Cheers

Jonathan