⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name proposal for CCMVal

From: Martin Juckes <m.n.juckes>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:14:35 +0000

> Ah. Obviously that didn't occur to me or Alison, and my feeling is that
> indicates "passive" to be an uninformative term. In what respect is it
>"ozone"?

Jonathan,

it ozone in the sense that it is initialised from the model ozone fields.

If you want a definition it might be:

passive_tracer_initialised_from_model_ozone_field_at_a_predetermined_point_in_time_in_order_to_trace_transport_propertties_and_diagnose_chemical_loss

I would favour putting the definition in the definition section of the
standard name table. If you are convinced that the definition should be in
the standard name, perhaps we could put the name in the definition?

Martin