⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name proposal for CCMVal

From: Martin Juckes <m.n.juckes>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:48:21 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

As I mentioned earlier, the English language usage in the IPCC assessment
reports uses burden, not moles of X in the atmosphere. If I was writing a
scientific paper I would use their terminology. It is not a new concept, so
the priority, for the sake of clarity, would be to use something with an
unambiguous link to existing literature.

It does, of course, depend on who you are communicating with, but I have
difficulty imaginging a situation in which I want to explain the contents of
a netcdf file to a random member of the population. If I was addressing the
scientific community, it seems clear that sticking to existing usage would be
better,

cheers,
Martin