⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: standard name proposal for CCMVal

From: Martin Juckes <m.n.juckes>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:49:58 +0000

Thanks for those comments.

> In part 1: If chemical formulas are to be used in some documentation
> then I think they need to be capitalized appropriately to avoid possible
> ambiguity: eg, OCS/OCs, and HF/Hf.

OK, we should improve that.

> In part 2: Do you mean 'moles' rather than 'molecules' at the end of
> the preamble?

Yes, I'll correct that.

> In part 3: The first quantity (tendency_of_nitrous_oxide_mole_burden)
> seems to be missing a region qualification.

yes, it should be tendency_of_atmosphere_nitrous_oxide_mole_burden

> How do you define 'middle atmosphere'? Is the middle world/lowermost
> stratosphere included?

There is an issue here, also in the definition of `tropopause'. Our intention
is to have a human readable definition included in the global attributes of
the file. It would be good to have a broader agreement on how to do this, but
that may take longer than the CCMVal project.

> Also, how should a model report its data when it only has a partial
> stratosphere (eg a model top at 3 mbar)?

This problem is would also have to be addressed with existing `_content'
standard names, so I imagine any resolution found there would apply to
`_burden' and partial contents and burdens.

sincerely,
Martin Juckes