⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] all versus group

From: Schultz, Martin <m.schultz>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:12:21 +0100

Dear Allison and Christiane (and all, of course),

    I like Allison's suggestion to remove the "all" from the name and expand the description. The "group" idea was based on precisely the opposite, namely to indicate for example for lumped NMHCs that this is something that is not consistently defined among models. You might argue that this means it shouldn't be a standard name then, but I would say the similarities are still enough to merit such a definition. The "group" part of the name would however slaert the user that there is something he/she needs to look out for. In that sense I feel that "all" is perhaps to inclusive and indicates more of an agreement than there may be.

    .. could be, though, that I exaggerated the "group" concept a bit in my first email on this subject.

Best regards,

Martin

< Dr. Martin G. Schultz, ICG-II, Forschungszentrum J?lich >
< D-52425 J?lich, Germany >
< ph: +49 (0)2461 61 2831, fax: +49 (0)2461 61 8131 >
< email: m.schultz at fz-juelich.de >
< web: http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-2/m_schultz >

----------------
------------------------------
Forschungszentrum J?lich GmbH
52425 J?lich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: J?lich
Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerich
ts D?ren Nr. HR B 3498
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in B?rbel Bru
mme-Bothe
Gesch?ftsf?hrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulric
h Krafft (stellv.
Vorsitzender)