⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cf names for aerosols&chemistryL model - observations

From: John Graybeal <graybeal>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:31:39 -0800

Can someone provide the definitive site for the description of the "ASCII NASA AMES" convention, please? I wasn't sure if it described structure, semantics, or both.

Though this info may not be immediately valuable to atmospheric sciences, the observational community in oceanography uses CF standard variable framework quite a bit, as it is moderately extensive, extensible, true to science, and allows interoperability with many models. This despite the previously noted weakness of both netCDF and CF for observations -- a significant number of people in the oceanography community are participating in efforts to improve both of these standards for use in observations. (Actually, netCDF handles observations OK, but not everyone uses the same structural conventions, so interoperability isn't great yet.)

John

--
John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal at mbari.org>  -- 831-775-1956