⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] URNs

From: Luis Bermudez <bermudez>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:33:02 -0700

My 2c about URNs:

URNs are just a piece of string like any other string. Difference is
that semantic tools could be use to write/read/infer more information
about a string that is a URI (URNs are URIS). For example I could
easily write (e.g. in RDF) property value pairs about a URN, that
will allow me to encode information to help me plot the data. And, as
Benno was pointing out it could be use to alternate representations
of the same information.

-Luis