⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] URNs

From: Benno Blumenthal <benno>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:36:49 -0400

This is an example which illustrates the usefulness of namespaces with
attributes in particular and the semantic web in general: alternate
representations of the same information. I have been working on an
ontology for CF and I intend to crosswalk between CF representations of
projections and OpenGIS representations of projections: the Semantic
Web framework would allow writing rules for generating one set of
metadata from the other, and all representations would be simultaneously
available.

A writer of software could then choose which representation to use,
independent of which representation was used in the dataset metadata.

Benno