⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] domain for calendar, add_offset, scale_factor

From: Benno Blumenthal <benno>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:18:15 -0400

Hello All,

Sorry for using the deprecated mailing-list, but TRAC is not working for
me at the moment.

I am writing an ontology for CF to help with interoperability work, as
well as clarify precisely what the standard says.

There are at least three attributes whose domain as stated in the
documentation is not what I expected

calendar C (coordinate variable)

add_offset D (non-coordinate variable)
scale_factor D (non-coordinate variable)

1) I was not aware that it was illegal to scale a coordinate variable
using add_offset and scale_factor.
2) I also thought that if a non-coordinate variable specified time, it
would be permissible to specify a calendar.

Any comments?

Benno