⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] wind_force

From: Martina Stockhause <martina.stockhause>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:11:08 +0200

Dear Jonathon, dear Roy,

thank you for your quick answers.

I have just spoken with my collegue of the German Weather Service (DWD).

For the WMO the term "Beaufort wind force" is uncommon, but we are
content with your suggested standard name "beaufort_wind_force" as well.

His only questions was: Why dimensionless?

The WMO speaks of the Beaufort wind scale and mentions the Beaufort number
together with the unit Beaufort. Since this unit is shifted into the standard
name we don't insist on the unit Beaufort and would accept a dimensionless
unit as well.

Greetings,
Martina