⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] wind_force bei CF anmelden

From: Martina Stockhause <martina.stockhause>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:33:24 +0200

Hallo,

I am working in the C3Grid (Collaborative Climate Community Grid) which is
part of the German D-Grid initiative. We use CF standard names for data
content description.

We would like to register a CF standard name:

standard name: wind_force
unit: synoptical wind speed classification in classes (0-12 or extended in
0-17); the unit is usually refered to as Bft [Beaufort].

This classification of the wind speed is used by the National Weather Services
and the WMO for wind speed estimation. Since there is no unique mathematical
conversion into wind speed, we need a new standard name for the wind force.

The WMO-Defintion could be found in the WMO Manual on Codes, No. 306, part A,
Alphanumeric codes (WMO Code table 3700 (i.e. Sea State) and in Section E for
the Beaufort scale).
http://www.wmo.ch/pages/prog/www/WMOCodes/Manual/WMO306_Vol-I-1-PartA.pdf

Greetings,
Martina Stockhause