⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF/COARDS for NASA SPG consideration

From: Ed Armstrong <earmstro>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:20:26 -0700

Hi CF folks,

About 6 months ago I made an unsolicited request to the CF
community to consider submitting CF/COARDS as a potential standard
for consideration through the Standards Process Group, a NASA Earth
Science Data Working Group, which fosters promotion of data and data
management standards for NASA Earth Science Data Systems (recent work
has focused on OPeNDAP, HDF5 among a few others).

Recently, Ethan Davis (Unidata), gave an overview of CF at the ESIP
Federation meeting last July, in Madison, WI that was attended by
many SPG members and rekindled interest in the idea of submitting CF
for standards consideration as a RFC (Request For Comment) or as a
Technical Note.

Details on what such a submission would entail can be found on our
web pages, that spell out the process clearly. But I'll be happy to
answer any questions of course.

http://www.esdswg.org/spg/

http://www.esdswg.org/spg/About/how-to-submit-an-rfc

So I would like to again to gauge the interest in your community on
submitting CF as a candidate to the SPG. You can either respond to
me directly or I will be monitoring the CF list. Thanks.

regards,

--
    ~ed
Edward M. Armstrong