⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Geopotential height standard name

From: mcginnis at ucar.edu <mcginnis>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:30:07 -0600

Hi all,

I've got a bunch of data that I'm going to be checking for CF
compliance, and I had a question about the standard name
"geopotential_height".

As I understand it, geopotential height is relative to a particular
pressure level, so you could have the 500-millibar geopotential height
or the 850 hPa geopotential height or whatever.

Does the standard name "geopotential_height" assume a particular
pressure level? Is there a conventional way of indicating what it is
in an attribute or something like that?

Thanks,

--Seth

----