⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] statistic indices

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:23:22 +0100

PS to my previous email.

> The indices with "consecutive days" meeting a condition could be called
> maximum_spell_length_of_days_with_air_temperature_below|above_threshold. Is
> that right? Here, the "maximum" also implies a statistical processing, but
> it is an intrinsic part of the definition of the quantity itself. First you
> have to identify all the spells, then find the longest one.

I've changed my mind: I think we could have
spell_length_of_days_with_air_temperature_below|above_threshold
as the standard name, with "maximum" being specified as the cell_methods
entry for time (and air_temperature_threshold as a coordinate). The mean
and minimum spell length etc. could also be described with cell_methods.

Jonathan