⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_names for aerosols and chemistry for HTAP: sources

From: Pamment, JA <J.A.Pamment>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:45:54 +0100

Dear Christiane,

> sorry:
>
> > 'production'-names:
> > I think your suggestion is very good and propose the following names:
> >
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_secondary_particulate_organic_matte
> r_dry_aerosol_due_to_chemical_net_production_and_emission
> >
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_primary_particulate_organic_matter_
> dry_aerosol_due_to_chemical_net_production_and_emission

OK, thank you, these names look fine now.

> Christiane Textor a ?crit :
> > Dear Alison
> >
> > Thank you very much for your comments and for reminding me when I forgot
> > one of the topics that we discussed!
> >
> > 'production'-names:
> > I think your suggestion is very good and propose the following names:
> >
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_secondary_organic_matter_dry_aeroso
> l_due_to_chemical_net_production_and_emission
> >
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_primary_organic_matter_dry_aerosol_
> due_to_chemical_net_production_and_emission
> >
> > 're-emission'-names
> > Only very few species are re-emitted. When referring to 'emission' we
> > generally do not think of 're-emission', to my knowledge these terms are
> > understood as entirely seperate quantities, and 're-emission' is not
> > included in 'emissions'. I would therefore stick to the suggested names:
> >
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_hexachlorobiphenyl_due_to_re_emissi
> on
> >
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_alpha_hexachlorocyclohexane_due_to_
> re_emission

Thank you for giving these names some more thought - as "re-emission" seems
to be a generally understood term I think these can go into the table. For
the benefit of non-experts I will include something in the definitions of
emission and re-emission names to make it clear that the two quantities are
entirely separate.

> --
> ==new affiliation==new affiliation==new affiliation==new affiliation==
>
> Christiane Textor
> Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement
> Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
>
> LSCE, CEA Saclay
> L'Orme des Merisiers, Bat. 701 Piece 3b
> mailto: christiane.textor at lsce.ipsl.fr
> Tel ++33 1 69 08 34 07
> F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
> FRANCE
>
> GEOMON scientific project manager http://geomon.ipsl.jussieu.fr/

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: J.A.Pamment at rl.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.