⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Metadata conventions for coupled climate model carbon intercomparisons

From: Curtis Covey <covey1>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:57:13 -0700

Dear CF Metadata Discussion Group,

The CCSM Biogeochemistry Working Group
(www.ccsm.ucar.edu/working_groups/Biogeo) invites your comments on the
conventions we've developed for the new Carbon-LAnd Model
intercomparison Project (C-LAMP). To see these conventions, go to the
C-LAMP Web site at climate.ornl.gov/bgcmip, then click on the link
"Developing a Common Set of Output Fields for the CCSM C-LAMP."

Note that C-LAMP presently involves just two or three versions of a
single model (the CCSM). As Pierre Friedlingstein has remarked, for some
purposes it might be considered a pilot project for the next phase of
the larger Coupled Climate and Carbon Cycle Model Intercomparison
Project (C4MIP). Accordingly, we do not intend to wait for a formal
endorsement by the CF group before releasing C-LAMP output to the
Working Group.

At the same time, we welcome your suggestions on how the C-LAMP data
conventions could be improved. I have copied this message to other
interested parties who may not belong to the CF Metadata Discussion
Group. Please forward to others I've missed.

We looking forward to hearing from you.

- Curt Covey for the CCSM BGC Working Group