⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] unique identifiers

From: Luis Bermudez <bermudez>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:51:11 -0700

Dear Roy,

1) URLs could be used for identification, such as URNs. If you store
URLs in your database, make relations to other URIs, and even tag
data with URLs, its perfectly OK, even if the URL is not resolvable,
as quoted from http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/:

?Although many URI schemes are named after protocols, this does not
imply that use of such a URI will necessarily result in access to the
resource via the named protocol?

2) Semantic infrastructures will be based on RDF databases where URIs
are stored and could be query via web services using languages like
SPARQL. Similar to what we try do to at MMI with SEMOR, not by
expecting computer-programs to resolve any URL encounter.

3) Having URLs is more human friendly, because humans could learn
more about that URI very fast by just typing the URL in any browser.
This is a human problem !

Best Regards,

-Luis