⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF and a representation of probalistic forecasts

From: Kettleborough, Jamie <jamie.kettleborough>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:37:45 +0000

Hello Jonathan,

I think the weights are the same kind of quantity even if they are
calculated different ways - just as air_temperature is considered the
same quantity even if calculated from a GFDL model or a ECMWF model
(with different start conditions, numerical schemes, physical
parametrisations). So I think they should have the same standard name -
if we go that way.

Steve - can you give more information on the use of masks - the only
references I can find to mask in the CF do are related to compression by
gathering (sec 8.2) which is distinct to the weights problem.

Jamie