⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names committee

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:09:06 +0000

Dear Tom

We decided to have a trial of trac for one issue of conventions, as you know.
We've also proposed other ways of developing conventions, such as having
moderators produce summaries, as in Karl's recent email.

Probably technology can help, but I don't think it really solves the problems.
Regardless of what technology we use, we have to decide the timescales we are
working to, and how we are going to make decisions. These are questions about
people and how they work and interact, and I don't think we've addressed them.
Standard names aren't quite like conventions, because there are a larger
number of smaller questions to be decided, and because Alison is able to
manage the discussion to some extent, so the answers may be different.

Cheers

Jonathan