⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] aerosol and chemistry names - continuation

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:42:44 +0000

Dear Christiane

Thanks for your latest list.

If it is OK to assume X is expressed as X by default, that is certainly
simplest.

surface_dry_deposition_mass_flux_of_ozone_in_stomata. Here "in" might be
confusing. It is not the ozone content of stomata, like ozone in air. Perhaps
"into" or "onto" would be correct? Perhaps it is not "surface" in that case?

> I think it should be either
> chemical_gross_production_rate
> and
> chemical_gross_destruction_rate
> or both without 'gross'. I opt for the first solution.

I agree, that is clear. If it says "gross" it cannot be misunderstood as "net".
You could also introduce "net" names if you need them.

I am unsure what atmosphere_emission_mass_flux (and production and re_emission)
means. I understand "emission" to mean something coming from a source with a
fixed location.