⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] curvilinear cartesian coordinates case

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:08:28 +0000

Dear Steve and Bert

> Can someone weigh in
> regarding the benefit side of this requirement? Will it be
> commonplace to require multiple grid mappings in some communities? In
> those communities are we confident that the number of alternative grid
> mappings will remain fixed?

I presume that Bert has a definite need to store multiple grid mappings.
I don't think any of the solutions proposed requires the number to be fixed
i.e. the file could be modified to add another one, using any of the solutions.

> As you know I believe personally that the cost of added complexity,
> of muddying concepts, etc. in CF is not given enough weight in our
> discussions. Often we have a pressing need to create new files, but a
> much vaguer future intention to create software to read those files,

Bert, do you have a definite intention to read these 2D projection coords
from the files? Is there a community of users for them?

Cheers

Jonathan