⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF and SeaDataNet

From: Roy Lowry <rkl>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:23:37 +0000

Dear All,

Next week I am about to recommend to the SeaDataNet project that the data transport protocol for gridded, and possibly other data, be CF-compliant NetCDF. The parameter semantics will be incorporated as a Standard Name plus Cell Method. These are currently stored as terms, which can be converted to the URIs we will need for the semantic maps, but they are not permanent and should they change the maps will start to break. What I would like to be able to do is to store URIs as attributes within the CF file. Note that this is in addition to the standard CF parameter labelling, not as an alternative.

Is this permissible and is there a recommended way in which it should be done?

Cheers, Roy.