⇐ ⇒

Fwd: [CF-metadata] units - PSU

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:01:43 -0400

We use PSU for salinity units for "internally distributed"
files, and "1" for CF or udunits-compatible files that are
going outside our group. PSU is easier for some people,
including me, to understand, and if it is a synomym for
'1', I don't see what the problem is. We use "1" only
because PSU hasn't been accepted in the udunits system,
but I do so reluctantly.

I'll ask around, though - I'd like to understand this better
and I'm trapped on a ship full of physical oceanographers from
several different institutions.

Cheers - Nan