⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] species as species in chemical and aerosol names

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:44:05 +0100

Dear Roy

Thanks. I note that when you say something is expressed in moles of nitrogen
you mean moles of nitrogen atoms, to be precise.

> Does the phrase 'expressed_as' do a better job?

It does for me, yes. I interpreted X_as_Y as meaning X is what the number
applies to, but it comes in the form of Y, "as" meaning "in form of" like
"water as ice". By X_as_Y you and Christiane mean Y is what the number applies
to, taking "as" to mean "expressed as". So it would be better to have
expressed_as, I would say, or any neater alternative if someone has one to
suggest.

Is it going to be OK to have names like mass_flux_of_ammonium_expressed_as_such
do you think? Is there a better way to say that?

Cheers

Jonathan