⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] question and time and standard_name...

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 17:31:39 -0600

Hi CJ:

At the moment, the nj22 library needs to identify the forecast_reference_time and time coordinates. At the higher "Grid Datatype" layer, we calculate "forecast offsets" (time - reference), in which case hindcasts have negetive offsets, nowcasts have offset 0, and forecasts have positive offsets. In this sense, the only thing we really need from CF metadata is forecast_reference_time and time. Do you think it would be sufficient to annotate the spec to clarify the meaning of hindcast, nowcast and forecast times?