⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard_name of quality_flag for corresponding quality control variables

From: Martin Juckes - UKRI STFC <martin.juckes>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 08:57:09 +0000

Dear Ken,

Can you expand on the distinction between "quality" and "status"? I understand that they are different in principle, but, in order to support this new standard name I think we need a clear objective statement of how we would want to distinguish between them in CF.

The conventions section on flags (3.5) mixes the two up (http://cfconventions.org/cf-conventions/cf-conventions.html#flags ), so some re-wording of the document would also be needed,

regards,
Martin