⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed migration of these discussions to GitHub

From: Mike Grant <Michael.Grant>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 11:43:35 +0000

[I'm personally happy with Github, but count as an interested person / long time lurker!]

A lot of open source projects resolve this problem by splitting the conversation into two mailing lists. One is typically "-devel" for developers (in this case, anyone working on the standard or proposing changes) and one "-users" for people seeking help or wanting to report an issue, but not wanting to get involved in the details. Typically some/many of the dev people sit on both lists and redirect misplaced conversations to the correct list.

Perhaps a possible compromise here would be to move all the -devel conversation onto Github in an organised fashion as proposed and create a -users mailing list explicitly just for queries?

Cheers,

Mike.